Baby shower card idea

I'm always recruited (offerbecauseilovedoingit) to make card whenever our department needs to give a card to someone at work. Here is the card I did for a co-worker's baby shower.



Monograms on cards and scrapbook pages are really popular right now. The baby's first name is going to start with an S, so I thought it would be cute to make that the focal point of the card. I love using chipboard letters, but I didn't have an extra S laying around, so I made it myself.

I know there are many ways to do this, but here's the way I do it.

First, open a new document in Microsoft Word.
Chose: Insert>Picture>WordArt. It will then prompt you to choose your WordArt style. I usually choose that first option - the outlined letters.
The next step is to choose a font that is large without too many intricate details - you are going to be cutting it out and you don't need to mess with that! Arial is a good basic choice.
Then, choose your font size. I usually just scroll all the way down and choose 96.
All you have to do next is enter your text and hit "enter."

Your text will appear on the page! Now you can adjust the text box to make the text the size you need. Additionally, you need to print it backwards so that when you cut it out the ink lines won't be visible. This is easy. Chose: View>Toolbars>Drawing if you don't already have that toolbar up. Then, chose: Draw>Rotate or Flip>Flip Horizontal.

I usually print it out in Draft mode on my printer so that the lines will be even softer. All you have to do is cut it out. I recommend using precise scissors, like the SU! Paper Snips - they allow you have to good control and can make delicate cuts even in small areas.

I ran my letter through my Xyron machine, but you could just as easily use mono adhesive, tacky glue, or glue dots. It would be really cute popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals, too.



Materials:
(all SU! unless otherwise noted)

Stamps: Flower Fest (pg. 117 in the current Idea Book and Catalog)
Card stock: Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana
Patterned Paper: from the Just Delightful Simply Scrappin' Kit from SAB
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Color Wonder Crayons: Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana
Other: Blender Pen, Light Pink Gingham Ribbon, Snail mono adhesive, Glue Dots, Xyron
Techniques: Paper Tearing, Color Wonder Crayons

Comments

Popular Posts