Glitter, new paper, and scallops, Oh my!

Ever since the incomparable Beate explained how she uses her decorative scissors to make such cute scalloped edges, I've been wanting to try it out. I have a TON of decorative scissors that I never ever use. They are in a sad box in my craft closet - but I could never throw them away. I just liked looking at them (plus my niece adores them!) and wishing I could actually use them for something. Well, now I can - and so can you! Check out the tutorial HERE. This is my first attempt at doing it - so my results are a little wonky, but I think I'll improve with practice. :)

On this card I started off with the idea of making a spinner card, but I just kind of let my hand run away with the blade, so my box was too big. Oopsies. So, I decided that what I REALLY meant to do was make a window box. Yeah, that's it! I'm so clever! ;)

I used more of the new Soft Sky paper from the 07-08 In Colors - I think it looks sophisticated with the black. I definitely have to make something with Chocolate Chip because I know it will be sensational with it. Anyway, the card was too plain so I added a little (ha! I never add just a "little") Dazzling Diamonds and now it's ready to make someone smile.




Materials (All SU! unless otherwise mentioned)

Card stock: Basic Black, Soft Sky
Ink: StazOn Black
Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley, In the Spotlight
Other: Slit punch, Dazzling Diamonds, Scallop edge scissors by Fiskars

Comments

Kristine said…
Very pretty! I love that new sky color...gonna have to get some of that some day :)

Popular Posts