Fun with fuzzies

A few weeks ago I was going through my blogroll and someone (I hate that I can't remember who!) had a post about Crushed Velvet Flock by Doodlebug Design Inc. The card was super cute, although now I can't even really tell you what it was. I'm pretty sure it was a baby card. Anyway, this stuff is like glitter, only soft and fluffity, and just adorable.


So, I had to get some. And I did. I played with it over the weekend and OH MY GOSH! Such fun!


Here are the two cards I made with the flock (and you can see some of the flowers courtesy of Kristine on the little girl version).





I made the top one first and by the time I started working on the second one it was LATE and I was sleepy. So, I have a few mistakes (can you find them?!), but I think they are still pretty cute. I used the Crushed Velvet Flock on the little elephants and they are so much fun to touch! I used crystal effects on the ears, but I don't like the way there was some bleeding on the 2nd card. Not sure why. I still like the way they turned out, though. :)

The flock, by the way, is really easy to apply. You just sprinkle it over your choice of adhesive - I used my trusty SU! two-way glue. You need to apply it liberally and then press it down to make sure it all sticks. Then, just shake it off. I dusted it into a clean cupcake paper and then funneled it back into the bitty jar it came in. I used white flock over colored ink on both cards.

The flock comes in single bottles and a sampler set with 12 colors, which is what I bought. Has anyone used this on things other than paper? What have YOU flocked? :)



Materials (all SU! unless otherwise mentioned)

Card stock: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Lovely Lilac

Stamps: Nursery Necessities
Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac, Craft Ink: Certainly Celery
Designer Paper: Flowers for You
Other: Crafter's Tool Kit (paper piercing), sponge, 2-way glue, White Signo gel pen, On Board chipboard (Lots of Letters), 1/16" circle punch, Crystal Effects, Ticket Corner Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Hodgepodge Hardware, Certainly Celery Button, Black Ribbon (unknown craft), Crushed Velvet Flock (Doodlebug Design Inc.), Flowers (unknown), Black Floss (unknown craft)

Comments

Elaine said…
How touchy cute and fun! Love using flock but I don't do it very often! Your cards are great!
Courtney said…
I haven't flocked since SU got rid of theirs some years back. I got rid of mine and have regretted it since. Sigh....

LOVE the cards, too! I really like how you incorporated the hodpodge hardware into the bow on the boy one. CUTE!

Popular Posts