Yesterday was Chloe's dance recital and she did beautifully! She was excited this year (last year, not so much!) and didn't cry or fuss! She's only 3, but she's now had 2 full years and one summer's worth of dance classes. She can shuffle-step with the best of them. :) I'll post some pictures later on this week.

In stamping news, I've been really busy trying to get things done around my house, so I haven't gotten a lot of crafting done yet this summer. Chloe's birthday is next weekend and boy do I have an ever-growing list of things to get done! Once her party is done I'll only have a few more weeks left to work and then I'll get back to my routine of trying to stamp one thing every day! Especially with the new SU! catalog coming out soon - I need to use up all my retiring In-Color papers. You know, I have only 2 precious packages of Cool Caribbean left from last year? I still love that color and just hate to part with it. But, I AM using it for the recipe swap I'm doing for Courtney. I can't hold on to it forever.

I'm so bad about that - do you hoard anything? It's really ridiculous! I need to do some donating. I am going to be helping out with the nursing home ministry at my church - I plan to have simple cards that the women can stamp for their loved ones. It should be a good way to use all my excess supplies and not feel sad about parting with them!

In addition to the recipe cards, I've been working on my stash of "cards ready to send." This is one of the stamped images Kristine sent me as part her PIF game. (I still need one more person to PIF to, by the way!) I don't know who the image is by, though, but I just love him! I used a ton of Crystal Effects on his cap, boots, and umbrella. I added some touches of Dazzling Diamonds to his wings, just to give them a little shimmer. Isn't he adorable?!


Materials (all SU! unless otherwise mentioned)

Card stock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Yo Yo Yellow

Stamps: Unknown - Kristine, let me know! :)
Ink: Staz On Black, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
Designer Paper: Cutie Pie (altered with ink and CS)
Other: SU! Markers, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, sponge, sponge daubers, 2-way glue, White Signo gel pen, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Turquoise dew drops, Red Button (unknown), Flowers (Prima), Black Floss (Designs for the Needle)

Comments

Kristine said…
:D Sorry Leah!! Such a cute card!! He's made by Whipper Snapper Designs. I should've had a list of who made all the images I sent and I forgot. The duck, girl, & angels are WSD, the hedgies are Penny Black, can't remember what else I sent. If you have any questions about others, let me know. :) thanks, and glad you're putting them to use!!
Anonymous said…
Hi there! Nice to "meet" you ... via A Scrap Affair. Loved your writeup. I haven't been there, so looking forward to Scrap A Ganza.

Love your blog too. I don't blog but I enjoy visiting others'.

Renee D.

Popular Posts