Challenge Sketch #2

Bradley's love affair with Thomas has been going strong for over a year now, so I was really excited when Cornish Heritage Farms came out with some Thomas the Tank Engine stamps. (I just hopped over to their site to link to the stamps, but it seems they don't have them any more! Bummer - I'm glad I bought them when I did!)

I used them to make Bradley's 3rd birthday party invitations. And I stamp the images for Bradley to color all the time. I hope they come out with more - we could really use a Percy stamp.

On to the sketch... This one is by Ana Wohlfart (a brilliant stamper who is from Houston, too - click her name to see her blog and the sketch). I visit her blog often, so I'm used to seeing her creative sketches and fantastic color combos. I took her sketch and sort of turned it on its side for this card. I think that's okay. :)



You just would not believe how the SU! In Color "Pacific Point" is dead-on for Thomas Blue. I used Versamark and Silver embossing powder to make the "Really Useful Engine" shimmer. I always have a hard time making boyish cards - I love me some glitter and bling, you know? Anyway, Bradley was thrilled with the result and the card has been stolen away to his treasure box.



Materials (all SU! unless otherwise mentioned)

Card stock: Pacific Point, Real Red, Watercolor paper
Designer Paper: Thomas and Friends
(Sandylion)
Stamps: 3/4 view Thomas, sentiment (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: Staz On Black, Pacific Point, Sahara Sand, Versamark
Other: 2-way Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen, SU! Markers, Copics, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Mini Glue Dots, Sponge, Grey Buttons (craft supply), Snail Adhesive


Comments

Popular Posts