Sketch Challenge - Card #3

I actually did manage to get some more stamping done this weekend, event amongst the plague-ridden in my household. I lost track of how many loads of laundry I did, and this next card was completed over several hours when I would take a few minutes to breathe clean air! For a while Bradley amused himself playing on PBSkids.org on my computer and I got some quality time on the other side of the craft room. I don't know if I'm going to make this 9-sketch goal, but I'm still going to try!

Before Chloe took her nap, she was having a great morning - and she helped me punch out the scallop squares. She LOVES punches and will play for a long time with scraps of paper and my punches. One time she spent over an hour playing - first she punched a ton of flowers with the SU! Trio Flower punch, and then she sorted them into piles. It was cute, and I use those flowers all the time! :)

So, here's my take on the sketch by Donna. Sorry it's leaning back - I was having some issues with my set-up when I took the pic last night.



Here is a close-up of Tilda - you can see the balloons better in this picture. In person you can see how much they shine with a LOT of Crystal Effects on them. :)



I'm still learning the whole watercolor paper/marker thing, so just ignore my coloring goofs. I'll get it eventually!!

Hopefully everyone will be feeling better tonight on the home front and I can play some more! I've got 6 cards to get done by Thursday - and I won't be able to stamp at all on Wednesday because of my grad class.

Well, I'm off for a fun day - have to get Bradley to day care, take my car to the shop and get a rental (from the accident), and head over to work. After missing Thursday and Friday last week I'm sure I have 100 unread emails and a pile on my desk to tackle.

Have a great day!!


Materials (all SU! unless otherwise mentioned)

Card stock: Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Watercolor paper
Designer Paper: Delicate Dots (not yet released!! It will be FREE during Sale-a-bration!!)
, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue Prints Designer Series
Stamps: Tilda with Balloons (Magnolia)
Ink: Staz On Black, Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery
Other: 2-way Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen, SU! Markers, Copics, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Mini Glue Dots, Sponge, Crystal Effects, Paper Snips, Scallop Square Punch, Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, White Signo Gel Pen, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Snail Adhesive


Comments

Courtney said…
Oh my. You've had a lot going on. And you were still able to make an absolutely fabulous card! Big cootie-free hugs to you!
Heather P. said…
What a super cute card! And your coloring is incredible. :)
Elaine said…
I think one of my comments posted in the wrong place....I love the colors you combined on this card, Abra!

Popular Posts