Conversations with Chloe

Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?

Chloe: (decidedly) A princess!

Me: A princess? Why?

Chloe: Because a princess is beautiful.

Me: YOU are beautiful, and you aren't a princess. You are smart and talented - you don't have to be a princess to be those things.

Chloe: A princess gets to have a beautiful wedding and get married.

Me: *I* had a beautiful wedding and I married Daddy.

Chloe: Yes, but a princess gets to marry a prince. I want to marry a prince.

Me: Ah! Well, that makes sense.

Chloe: I will be a princess, marry a prince, and get a baby in my tummy.

Me: ...

Chloe: I also want to doctor animals. I'm going to be a Vet Princess.

Me: That's a great idea! (and a great distraction!) You can go to school to be a vet - you love animals.

Chloe: And I can meet my prince at school and we can be vets together!

Well, at least she has a good handle on the order of said events!!

Comments

Popular Posts