A little apron skirt

So, I've been sewing. A lot. I'm totally neglecting all of my stamps. Yikes! (Come over this Saturday for a Stamp n' Scrap Night, though, and I'll bust out the ink!)

Sewing is NOT my favorite craft, but I really enjoy making these cute outfits for Chloe! She is going to be so darn cute for school in just a few weeks. (Yes, it's scary that school starts in just 24 days.)

Here is the latest skirt I made her. I got the pattern from You Can Make This, which has some outrageously precious patterns available. You could make this skirt without the apron and you'd probably have it done in less than 2 hours. Since I'm really still learning it takes me a while. And then I do things like hand-stitch the hems and decide to hand stitch little buttons on some of the flowers. (SU! buttons in Apricot Appeal - cute, huh?) I just have a regular sewing machine and not a serger, so I also have to go back and zigzag stitch all the inside seams to keep them neat and tidy, which takes up a lot of time.



But, I think the results are worth it! I'm pretty sure Chloe agrees...

Comments

Popular Posts