Day 22


It's not always sunshine and smiles at the Casa de la Cross and tonight was rough for my little Cricket. She came home from school in a sad mood because she lost her treasure box toy (and with all her talking in class lately she hasn't received one of these treasures in quite a while!). She said one of her friends in Extended Day was playing with it and he lost it. I asked if it was possible that he still had it with him, and she said, "No - I checked his pockets!" Okay.

So, Chloe, Bradley, and I searched the school grounds - both playgrounds and a lot of sidewalks to see if it had been dropped. We searched for about 20 minutes when I had to finally call it off so we could get home to take care of Zeke. She was devastated - cried the whole way home.

Once we got home, her sad mood morphed into Ugly...gruñóna. She just whined, complained, and moped about in a foul mood (which is always contagious). I finally got tired of the nonsense and sent her to Time Out to cool down for a while. She complained about the injustice of it all, rolled her eyes at me, and stomped to the Time Out Corner. I really, truly don't know what I'm going to do with her once hormones and tween-ness kicks in. Can you send 12-year-olds to time out?

Comments

Popular Posts