Day 24


Mmmm, puffins! Pankcake muffins, y'all - what could be sweeter? These little breakfast bites are incredibly easy to make and you get all the fun taste of pancakes, without standing over a griddle for an hour! Here's my recipe:

2 cups pancake mix
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup water
1/3 cup applesauce
1/4 cup syrup
1 T cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract

  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Generously spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
  • Mix all the ingredients together and whisk just until the lumps are gone (don't overdo it or your texture will be all wrong).
  • Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture into the muffin cups - I don't do the "1/3rd full" rule - I fill them almost to the top so they have that nice puff.
  • Bake for around 10 minutes.
  • Pop out of tin and serve with syrup for dipping
You can try other varieties. Check out the famous Bakerella's version HERE.

Now I just need to try a gluten-free version so *I* can eat them, too!

Comments

Popular Posts